Terms and Conditions
MUST BE ACCEPTED BY ALL STUDENTS AND PARENTS/CARERS.
- Fees cover one full term. Discounts or refunds will not be given for classes missed by the pupil, unless explicitly arranged with the Principal. Students are welcome to make up missed classes (maximum of 2 per term) where possible.
- The School should receive fees by the date shown on the invoice. Any late payments will incur a surcharge of £10 to cover admin costs.
- If you have do not receive an invoice, please advise the Principal.
- A student may take one free trial lesson. If the student decides to join the class, he/she/the parents/carers should complete the Hummingbird registration form, GDPR consent form and pay the registration and one-off insurance fee of £10. An invoice will then be sent for the balance of fees for the rest of the term.
- All fees are non-refundable. If a pupil has a long-term illness or injury, fees may be refunded at the Principal’s discretion. This does not include minor illness or holidays taken during the term.
CLASSES AND ATTENDANCE
- On the rare occasion that a class is cancelled, it will be rescheduled, usually during the school holidays. If this is not possible, any fees already paid for the scheduled class will be subtracted from the next term’s fees.
- The School will not be held responsible for classes cancelled for circumstances beyond the School’s control. In this case, an alternative class will be arranged if possible.
- Students should aim to arrive at the venue ten minutes before the start of their class so they are ready for the beginning of class. Please ensure your child has been to the toilet prior to the commencement of the class to avoid accidents or disruptions during the lesson.
- Parents and Carers are asked not to enter the studio.
- Students of Primary School age must be collected from the waiting room/hall by a parent/carer or responsible adult. The teacher must be informed if persons other than the child’s parent or legal guardian will collect the child.
- Pupils wishing to discontinue their classes at the School must give 6 weeks notice in writing, otherwise 6 weeks fees will be charged.
- Dancing is a physical skill and in order to help and facilitate the student’s learning, the teacher may physically guide a movement by touch. This will be in a professional manner and the intention of the contact will be made clear. Please contact the Principal if you have any queries about this.
UNIFORM AND APPEARANCE
- We ask all students to wear the recommended uniform for each class. The uniforms not only ensure students look elegant but also feel confident. Uniforms can be ordered through the school.
- Hair should always be off the face and neckline, neat and tidy. From Pre-Primary and upwards a bun or similar is required. Shorter hair should be held back securely with clips and/or a hair band.
- For safety reasons, jewellery must not be worn in lessons.
BEHAVIOUR, ETIQUETTE AND DECORUM
- The Hummingbird Dancers Code of Conduct must be adhered to at all times:
We expect all dancers to:
respect all teaching staff;
treat all other pupils as you would wish to be treated yourself;
come to every class with a positive attitude;
always ask for help if you need it;
consistently try your best;
wear correct uniform and footwear;
ensure hair is neat and tidy.
- No food or drink should be brought into class with exception of water.
- Parents and carers are asked to ensure their children are well behaved at all times whilst getting ready for class and that siblings have an activity to occupy them whilst waiting.
- Students and parents/carers are expected to demonstrate mutually respectful behaviour to teaching staff, fellow students and the halls. Poor behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the student being asked to leave the school. Bullying is not tolerated and should be brought to the Principal’s or class teacher’s attention immediately.
- Please notify the Principal and School of any medical issues or learning difficulties that may affect your child’s learning, however big or small it should be. This can help us to help them.
- Any injuries should be discussed with the teacher prior to, or at the beginning of, class.
EXAMINATIONS, PRESENTATIONS AND CLASS AWARDS
- Hummingbird School of Dance offers examinations, presentations and Class Awards for the RAD and ISTD syllabus. Entry for any examination, presentation or class award is at the discretion of the class teacher and the Principal. Parents/Carers and students will informed when the required level is achieved.
- Examinations, Presentations and Class Awards are not compulsory but are encouraged.
- Students wanting to participate in examinations must attend a minimum of two classes per week. Students who do not adhere to our ‘Examination Terms and Conditions’ risk being withdrawn from the examination without a refund (further details will be available upon invitation to take the examination).
- Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk. Hummingbird School of Dance does not accept responsibility for any items lost or stolen. Any found items will be kept in the Lost Property Box. If not claimed after a reasonable period, the item will be donated to charity.
- Parents are not permitted to watch the classes, as this can be distracting for pupils. Parents will have the opportunity to watch their children during a designated “Watching Week” at the end of the autumn and summer terms.
- Whilst watching class, parents are asked to refrain from talking and to turn mobile phones to silent. All calls should be answered outside the hall.
- The School may wish to take occasional photographs or videos of our students for advertisement of the School. The use of these can include our website, social media and printed material.
- Parents are permitted to take photos on watching day unless another parent in the class objects on the day. The teachers will always ask everyone’s permission before the demonstration class begins. We ask parents to refrain from recording/videoing the class for child protection and copyright reasons.
MISCELLANEOUS AND DATA PROTECTION
- All invoices and other materials will be presented via email. Parents/Carers must provide a valid email address for this purpose and ensure that such email from the Hummingbird School of Dance is not considered SPAM.
When you give us your details we promise to keep them secure and not share them with a third party.
We may use your data to contact you in relation to;
· News updates about the school
· Information relating to lessons/exams/show details
· Emergency notifications (such as changes to planned lessons, cancellations etc.)
· Records of invoices paid and outstanding (and any agreed payment terms)
· Any other information relevant to the school and your/ your child’s lessons and progress.
In addition, we will use any data relating to medical conditions to ensure that we are able to provide a safe environment for you/your child.
By ticking the ‘School Information and Marketing’ on the GDPR Consent form you agree to:
· Hummingbird School of Dance sending information that is relevant to you/your child's dance education by phone, email, text and written communication.
· Hummingbird School of Dance holding and processing data in relation to your/your child’s medical condition.
Please note that you may withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us at our main business address.
- The Principal should be notified of any change in contact details and/or health issues.
- Any queries and complaints should be addressed to the Principal only.
- The school timetable may be subject to change. Parents/carers will be notified of any changes.
- Dancing is a physical activity and contains a certain amount of risk. Students taking part in any of our classes or events run by Hummingbird School of Dance do so at their own risk.
- If students and/or parents break the terms and conditions, they may be asked to leave by the Principal and no refund given.
- Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy is available on request. Please contact the Principal for more information.
The school rules are designed to enhance your children’s learning and enjoyment of the dance experience and help maximise their full potential.
If you have any queries regarding our policies, please contact the principal, Miss Natasha.